Monday, April 19, 2010

Boring intermission

It turned out that the 2010/11 HMRC software for calculating tax and NI payments wouldn't install on my old laptop, so the last few weeks have been swallowed up migrating to its replacement.

Finally got all the shop staff transferred yesterday with their details correct, but when I tried to do the automatic online submission of the tax data for 2009/10 the results it offered were about half what I expected (if only!). Their help file didn't sound confident that the totals would be right, so I ended up doing it the hard way by entering everyone's individual P14 details into the HMRC online form instead. Result was at least close to the total I expected (the website claimed we'd made a slight overpayment), but at least we made today's submission deadline.

Normal posting hopefully resumed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment